How to Increase Search Engine Ranking - 1st Page Google Rankings Every Time
By Claire Bowes
Anyone with a website will want to increase search engine ranking to get to the first page of Google. If you want free traffic, then it's imperative that you get to the top of the search engines.
You can also get free traffic by doing article marketing, blogging, social marketing etc but all that takes consistent, daily promotional activities on your behalf. However, if you manage to get onto the first page of Google then you will reap the benefits of thousands of visitors per month buy doing absolutely nothing because you have already put in the hard work to get you into that position in the first place.
So, how can you increase search engine ranking for your sites? Well there are two factors when it comes to building a site to get into the search engines.
1. On-Page Factors
The on-page factors have to be taken into consideration when building and writing your web pages. You need to know which keyword phrase you want that page to get onto the first page of Google for.
When conducting your keyword research make sure you explore the demand and supply for that particular keyword. You need to know that you have enough people typing that keyword phrase into the search engines and you need to know if there is low supply so you have a good chance to rank highly for that keyword phrase.
Once you are happy with your choice then you'll use this keyword phrase to do the following:
- Put the keyword phrase in the <title> tag, and in the <description> and <keywords></keywords></description> </title> meta-tags in the coding section of your web page.
- Then you'll want to include this keyword about 3-4 times in the body text of your article.
- For added measure, I also like to put the phrase in an <alt></alt> tag in an image and as anchor text link on the page too.
2. Off-Page Factors
Now that we've done the on-page factors of search engine optimization, we'll want to carry out the off-page factors. This part is the most time-consuming and longer part, but its essential to increase search engine ranking until you land on page one.
Basically it all boils down to back-links. Your aim is to get as many links pointing back to your site with your chosen keyword phrase. You can do this a few ways:
- Seek out other webmasters to request reciprocal links with them
- Write articles and distribute them to article directories (10+ articles)
- Write short teaser snippets with your anchor link included and post to various micro-blogs
- Leave helpful comments on blogs
- Write helpful article pages on sites such as Hub Pages and Squidoo
Keep doing the above until you have reached the number one page on Google. Then when you have conquered that spot, keep promoting that particular keyword phrase / web page every other week or so - just to make sure you stay on the first page for months and years to come.
If you would like further detailed information on search engine internet marketing, then get a copy of Claire's free SEO guide at http://www.clairesfreeseoguide.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Claire_Bowes