4 Important Onpage Optimization Steps Explained
By Indu Priya K
On-page optimization is as important as off-page optimization. People neglect the basic steps of on-page optimization when they set up their site and lose lot of traffic and search engine rankings.
In this article, I am going to explain 5 important onpage optimization steps of a site.
1. Titles and url's - You need to put your keyword early in the title. Make sure that you remove any nonsense words in the title. The page title should reflect the keyword and be interesting. The URL used should be short and sweet.
2. Meta Description - It is nothing but a short sales promo. Include your keyword early in the description and at the end. Your description should not be more than 160 characters.
3. Meta keywords - Meta keywords are used as a guide for search engines. Search engines use them to compare these to the actual site's content for relevancy.
- Use only those keywords that appear in your text.
- Craft your text to include keywords at least once.
- Your primary keyword should be the first keyword in the list.
- Use variants and related terms for your primary keyword.
- Use a maximum of 10 keywords in the meta keywords.
4. Page Content - Page content is a very important factor for SEO.
- Place your keyword early in the first sentence.
- Use your keyword for every 200-300 words.
- Make sure you are using other meta-keywords as well.
- If you have images, put your keyword in ALT and Title tags of the images.
5. Finally, DO NOT stuff your keywords. - You should let the content flow naturally yet having your keywords in it.
Next, if you want to learn in-detailed onpage and offpage optimization techniques, including how to get thousands of backlinks to your site, then check out my FREE guide here.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Indu_Priya_K