a. Advice For New Inventors
- Every product is different but there really are secrets to success. Begin with these basic steps, and you'll avoid a lot of common mistakes!
b. Patent Law For New Inventors
- Inventors learn the essentials about patenting your invention here.
c. Frequently Asked Questions From Inventors
- Invention and patent questions answered from independent inventors like you.
- How can I protect my invention?
- How can I verify the claims of companies that claim they will help inventors?
- How do I get my product to market?
- I did a patent search and did not find my exact invention. Am I ready to file a patent application?
- I have filed a provisional patent application. Does this mean my invention is now patent pending?
- I'm confused about the provisional patent application. Can I file it myself or do I need a lawyer?
- If I disclose my idea to a company, what will prevent them from stealing it?
- Should I try to license my invention exclusively to one company or to many companies?
- What is the best way to protect an invention that is a new use for an existing device?
- What is the difference between a patent attorney and a patent agent?
d. Patent Drawings
- Links to web sites having information for inventors on patent drawings.
e. Publications For Inventors
- Links to the web sites of publications and organizations for inventors.
f. Educational Web Sites For Inventors
- Descriptions and links to a varety of educational web sites for inventors.
g. Inventor Bookstore
- Publications for the education and enjoyment of inventors.
h. Inventors - Beware of Scams
- First-time inventors are often preyed upon by unscrupulous invention marketing companies. Here are some tips to keep you from being victimized.