Kid inventors - here are some fun web sites for you to learn about inventing.
Ask Dr. Universe!
- A colorful, fun source for kids to ask science questions or just explore.
Bill Nye the Science Guy
- An extension of the TV science marvel for kids, featuring online questions, facts and experiment demos.
By Kids For Kids
- Devoted to stimulating the creativity and ingenuity in children of all ages. This site offers information about the invention process, examples of other young inventors, and step-by-step instructions on how to develop a useful invention.
- Summer day camp for kids sponsored by the National Inventor's Hall of Fame that focuses on inventive thinking and problem solving.
Brain Drain (Game)
- Test your invention IQ. Play against the computer or challenge a friend to see who's brainier about inventions.
- Produced by WGBH Boston, Design Squad promotes engineering for youth through outreach programs across the United States, and the co-host is 2007 Lemelson-MIT Student Prize winner Nathan Ball.
For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
- A non-profit organization to excite young people about science and engineering through a robotics competition, LEGO league and more.
- An educational site for children and teachers abound with games that focus on math and grammar.
- Fun, enthusiastic site aimed to inspire girls to be more involved in invention and science.
- Homework resources including, reference tools, news and science project ideas for students.
- Step-by-step cartoons for children, explaining scientific concepts and encouraging hands-on learning through building.
- An interactive and informative site inspiring kids to invent. Abound with colorful games, this site also contains resources and tips for teachers.
National Gallery for America's Young Inventors
- A national competition that inducts six young talented American inventors annually into the National Gallery - a museum to preserve and promote great inventions produced by America's youth.
- University of Tennessee pilot science projects/experiments posted to educate and encourage classroom feedback and questions.
Super Science Fair Projects
- Super Science Fair Projects offers a step-by-step guide to science fair projects for students in middle school through high school. There are links to over 100,000 science projects, science experiments, and science fair project ideas. A guide for parents and teachers is also available.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office Kids' Pages
- Information and answers for kids provided by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.