Various tools for inventors to record, document, and share their inventions.
Tools for Recording Your Inventions
- You never know when those brilliant ideas will pop into your head, so you need to be able to record and document them when they do. If you're on the go and not in front of a computer, your best bet is to use your mobile device. Here are some useful services that can assist you with recording your brainstorms on the run.
- Lets you record your ideas and thoughts on your cell phone via voice,Â text or email. It works very well on the iPhone.
- Is a simple way to record audio messages on your mobile device. The nice thing is that it will transcribe your audio to text and email it to you along with a link to the audio recording.
- Doesn't record audio messages but you can send your ideas to your Wridea account via email from your cell phone.
Tools for Documenting and Sharing Your Inventions
Once you capture an idea for an invention you need to document it and track its process. You will need to create a drawing or prototype of every detail as well. You will also need to be able to share these documents with a partner, attorney, manufacturer, or others.
- Is the popular online office application that lets you create documents that you can share with those you choose. You will also be able to access your document library from any computer with Internet access as well. It includes a Word, Excel and PowerPoint clone (great for giving presentations of your new invention idea).
- Allows you to create a complex database online that can track every detail regarding your invention including contacts, documents, drawings, etc.